Welcome to a mountain river paradise at River Joy Lodge, nestled in the prestigious and gated community of Goose Island Hideaway in Cherry Log, GA located 15 mins between the charming mountain towns of Blue Ridge and Ellijay, an area well-known for its’ unique shopping and growing restaurant scene, craft breweries and local wineries, heritage apple orchards, artistic mountain towns, and unlimited recreation and gorgeous landscape provided by the Chattahoochee National Forest.
This unique and distinguished Keith Sumner custom-built stone and timber home was featured in the 2020 Blue Ridge Parade of Homes and sits on its’ own private 550 feet front of the Ellijay River with 6 acres of private forest. The exterior is unmistakably modern mountain meets rustic chic with its rusted tin roof accents and a signature stacked stone entrance. The home's interior showcases professionally designed details throughout, as the sophisticated mountain style effortlessly penetrates the reaches of the property. Each room was curated, and an overall sense of calm invites you to relax and enjoy the property's beautiful surroundings with family and friends.
Centrally located between Blue Ridge and Ellijay, GA, River Joy Lodge sits on 6 acres of private forest and features 5,700 sq ft of luxurious living space including 5 total bedrooms and 4.5 baths, including 3 master suites, chef’s kitchens, hot tub, entertaining decks, and your own slice of mountain paradise. This estate is fully equipped and ready for 16 guests.
Upon entry, hand hewn vaulted ceilings greet you and a formal dining room welcomes you, with its custom ten-foot hand cut dining table, vintage high-back cane chairs, and antler chandelier. A second Restoration Hardware dining table sits in the adjacent open-plan great room under a rasped iron candelabra. The extraordinary gourmet kitchen includes butler's kitchen and a second sink, dishwasher, and additional prep counter space. The living room boasts elegance with a grand 16-foot stone fireplace with touch-light starter and timer, 75" mounted flat panel TV, handmade leather sectional sofa and armchair, and dramatic floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open to the top floor outdoor party deck complete with an outdoor kitchen, wood burning fireplace and sounds of the Ellijay River. The chef's kitchen includes a twelve-foot marble island, Viking appliances, a large picture window with views of the Ellijay River and is perfect for entertaining every family member.
The main level master King suite features a premium king bed, dramatic open beam ceilings and stone wall, 47" flat panel TV, huge walk-in closet with private full-size washer and dryer, and master bath where you’ll find steam spa shower with a rainforest showerhead. Dual sinks, a six-foot lavish copper tub with view of the river to invite you to unwind in a soak. A private Toto Japanese bidet toilet with warmed light up seat round out the main level suite. Back in the main living space, a stylish 1/2 bath powder room and secondary entrance can be found along with a top-of-the line full size washer and dryer.
The main outdoor deck seamlessly transitions from the handsome interior to the majesty of the property with direct view to the Ellijay River, acres of private forest, and the Blue Ridge Mountains. With its timber beams, soaring A-frame ceiling, and unobstructed panoramic view, there is a distinct treehouse feel. Oversized rocking chairs allow you to take in the sounds of nature. An outdoor kitchen with a built-in 5 burner premium gas grill is perfect for outdoor get togethers while you watch your favorite sporting events on the outdoor 60" TV. This outdoor living room also includes an additional seating group and al fresco dining table. Stone steps connect from this wrap around deck to the 10-person hot tub on the lower level.
Ascend the open timber stair under the cathedral ceiling to the top floor where 3 additional guest bedrooms can be found, each with their own designer furnished persona. The top floor King master suite, charming deer art-filled Queen guest room with giant picture window and desk for remote work, and playful junior suite with camp-style 3-bed layout are not to be missed. Each bedroom in the house includes dedicated closet space and flat screen TV. High end cow-hide benches, designer light fixtures, and tailored art pieces set the tone of this top floor.
Entertain your guests in the terrace-level bar and game room. Whether you like music, games, or simply relaxing, there are a multitude of options for socializing and having fun with friends and family. Descend to the bar and find floor to ceiling glass-door wine storage and a one of a kind live-edge pub table. Chiseled stone counters, a second dishwasher, 37” flat panel TV and full-sized fridge complete the room. Continue on to the game room where you’ll be pleased to find a full-sized Brunswick Billiards table and Shuffleboard table with pro level pool cues and balls. Get ready for good times and gather around the fully-restrung antique 1908 Chickering & Sons honkey tonk piano and Deering Goodtime 5-string banjo, provided for the musicians in your group. Or, just sit back in one of the leather wing-back chairs or at the modern high boy table and enjoy the stone fireplace with touch light tech and timer while watching your favorite movies on the Sony 60" TV.
Make your way to the King master suite on the terrace level with an XL twin bunkbed that comfortably sleeps a family of 4. A work space is also available for the remote worker in the group. If you enjoy working out on vacation, a Peloton bike with weights and a yoga mat are available. Find another huge walk-in closet with private, full-size washer and dryer. The master bath includes another steam spa shower with a rainforest shower head and dual sinks.
Wall to wall, floor to ceiling glass leads you from the game room out to the lower party deck where you’ll find panoramic views of the property and river. There’s additional entertaining space including an extra-large 10-person hot tub, outdoor kitchen with two gas stove burners and extra-large Green Egg smoker with all the accessories you’ll need to grill for the crew. The Green Egg includes a remote thermometer, pizza stone and pizza spatula. The gas fire pit with lava rocks is an easy way to wrap up any day with plenty of seating for everyone including a porch swing, tall boy table with 6 chairs, 4 Adirondack chairs and additional seating.
Be prepared for the main attraction, the Ellijay River, as you make your way down the steps to 550 feet of private, soothing cool waters of the river. The wood steps are lit from both decks and a stone pathway meanders through various pines, cedar, and hemlock with huge Blue Ridge boulders interspersed in a truly breathtaking setting. An enormous 48" firepit with 8 Adirondack chairs and 2 luxury campground themed picnic tables with seating for 16 campers is nestled among the sights and sounds of the river rapids. A fun outdoor campsite was created for the little campers to fully experience the pleasure of the great outdoors. 3 cedar swings are placed along the path and river to enjoy the view as you explore this amazing retreat. Indulge in the one of the fastest growing sports in America, disc golf. A 9-hole regulation disc golf course with tournament grade Disc-catcher Pro Baskets and 8-10-foot tee pads awaits. The 9-hole, par 29 course takes you from the stairs off the lower deck, down and around the 6-acre property, to the fire pit and back to the base of the stairs. Discs, bags, course maps, and score cards provided. There are cedar benches placed throughout the course for spectators to cheer on their favorite player any time.
We invite you to recharge, unwind, reconnect and add some joy to your life in our truly resort-like retreat. Book your next memorable escape at River Joy Lodge in North Georgia on the magical Ellijay River in Goose Island for an exceptional experience.
Owners just added an EV / Tesla car charger too, so bring your electric vehicle with confidence.
**ALLERGEN ALERT - This property is not pet friendly however, the owners do bring their dogs**
- Located in Cherry Log, just a 15 minute drive to Downtown Blue Ridge Shopping & Dining
- Living room
- Formal dining area with custom made 10 foot dining table and seating for 12
- Restoration hardware dining table with seating for 6
- Extraordinary gourmet kitchen
- Kitchen island seats 4
- An additional butler's kitchen with a second sink
- Luxurious stone fireplace
- 75" mounted flat panel TV
- Handmade leather sectional sofa and armchair
- Mudroom with washer and dryer
- Master suite with large closet and attached full bath
- WiFi throughout
- Theater room with 3 queen beds
- King en-suite
- Queen bedroom
- Full bathroom
- Twin bunk beds
- King size bed with attached full bathroom with sauna shower, double vanity, stone shower
- Washer and dryer
- Wet bar
- Gas fireplace
- 75" TV
Entry level deck
- Rocking chairs and end tables
- Outdoor kitchen with a built in 5 burner premium gas grill
- Outdoor 60" TV
- Wood burning fireplace
- Chef's kitchen with 12 foot marble island
- Table with seating for 6
- Oversized hot tub seats 10-12
- Lighted path leads to fire pit by river and disk golf
- Ponds are private property
|Dec - 2022|
|Jan - 2023|
|Feb - 2023|
|Mar - 2023|
|Apr - 2023|
|May - 2023|
|Jun - 2023|
|Jul - 2023|
ReviewsWrite a Review
- All Specials Apply
- No Pets Allowed
- Offers 8 parking spaces
- Ponds are private property
- Clean linens - Two towels (body, hand, washcloth) per person will be left out for use.
- Start-up supply of paper products, trash bags, soaps, and basic cleaners.
- A fully-equipped kitchen for preparing and serving meals.
- We suggest Guest(s) bring personal grooming items, grocery items, specialty items and any unique or important items vital to your vacation.
- Please keep your noise to a minimum inside and outside the home from 10PM to 8AM. Outdoor fireplaces, fire pits, games and hot tubs included. Sound can travel a long way in mountains and may disturb unseen neighbors.
Trash and Litter:
- Please know all trash must be bagged and placed in the trash cans or bins made available at the property. If trash cans are full upon arrival, please contact the Manager’s office. Also, if you fill trash cans beyond capacity during your stay, it is your responsibility to remove additional trash and dispose at a local reciprocal trash station.
- FANNIN COUNTY ADVANCED DISPOSAL SIGHTS
- Advanced Disposal: 10169 Lakewood Hwy, Mineral Bluff, GA 30559
- Advanced Disposal: 2989 Old Highway 5, Blue Ridge, GA 30513
- Advanced Disposal: 1226 Deep South Farm Rd, Blairsville, GA 30512
- GILMER COUNTY LANDFILL AND WASTE COLLECTION SITES:
- These are open Monday - Saturday
- 456 Tower Road, Ellijay, Ga.
- 41554 Highway 52 East, Cartecay, Ga
- 1738 Highway 382 West, Coosawattee, Ga.
- These locations are open only on Monday/Wednesday/Saturday:
- 8611 Tails Creek Road, Ellijay, Ga.
- 197 White Path Road, Ellijay, Ga.
- Guest Rental Agreement must be signed prior to occupancy.
- See the FAQ Page for additional information.
Highest Standard Cleaning Policy
Here are some of the steps we take between each visit to ensure your home will be sanitized, clean and disinfected:
- All of our in-house cleaning staff wears gloves and face covers while in our properties
- All hard surfaces and high touched areas are cleaned with household disinfectant including doorknobs, handles, toilets and faucet knobs, light switches, handrails, remote controls, lock boxes, electronics, thermostats, game areas, furniture, kitchen cabinets and refrigerators, etc.
- Hot tubs are ALWAYS completely drained, filled and sanitized with bromine.
- All bed and bathroom linens professionally laundered and installed with care.
- Our cabins include hand soap, dish soap and other approved household disinfectants for your use.
- Self Check-ins and Check-out so there is no need to come to our office during your stay.
We ask our Guests to consider the following:
- As you consider best practices for social distancing and guidelines for groups, please limit your group size to total occupancy of the property.
- As some supplies are still limited, we ask that you come prepared with all supplies, paper products, face masks, medicine, food/drinks needed for the length of your stay
- As you plan your stay, we ask that if you have been sick or have been in contact with someone that has been sick that you postpone your stay. We have a flexible rescheduling policy to make booking your next stay easy.
- As you plan your time here in Blue Ridge, we suggest limiting the number of people shopping at one time to avoid overcrowding.