Catch of the Day is located on Fightingtown Creek and is the best fishing hole in all of Northern Georgia.
Fightingtown Creek is home to award-winning fishing spots, and is one of the largest streams in Georgia and holds both stocked and wild trout. The story behind how Fightingtown Creek got the name is an old Cherokee legend about frogs fighting with the lily pad stalks at the base of the river. The name of the town, “Wa-lo-si-u-ni-li-sdi-yi” (translated: “Place where the frogs-fight-with-it plants grow”), was a bit of a mouthful for English speakers, so it was translated to Fightingtown Creek and never discussed again.
From the time you pull into the drive and step out of your car, you will immediately hear the rushing waters. As you enter on the main level, you will find a living area with a gas stone fireplace, dining area and a newly remodeled kitchen with stainless steel appliances. A Queen bedroom with 42" flat screen tv and full bath can also be found on the main living area. Make your way upstairs to another Queen bedroom overlooking downstairs with another full bath that is laid out just like the other two bathrooms.
The basement level boasts an entertaining game room with arcade and board games, a living area and a full-size bedroom with a third full bath combo. There's also a fridge and coffee stand complete with a Hamilton Beach Flex/brew which allows for drip or pod coffee.
Make your way outside to the lower deck with an outdoor wood-burning fireplace where a warm and inviting hot tub that overlooks the rushing waters of Fightingtown Creek awaits you. Every day is an amazing day spending your afternoons and evenings listening to the sounds of nature and taking in the fresh mountain air as the sun goes down in the gorgeous North Georgia mountains.
One of the greatest features of this cabin is it’s pet friendly! You don't have to worry with finding a place for your fur baby. Pack your love and bring them with you so they can enjoy the great outdoors with all of the family.
This amazing creek front property is calling you and your loved ones. Don't miss out on your Catch of the Day! Grab your fishing poles, your best friend and make your way to Catch of the Day on Fightingtown Creek, located just 10 minutes from downtown Blue Ridge, GA.
- 15 Minutes out of downtown Blue Ridge
- Fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances
- Living room boast 40" cable TV with gas log fireplace
- Plush, comfortable living room furniture
- Queen room with 32" TV
- Full bath with stan- up stone shower
- Queen room with attached full bathroom with stand-up stone shower
- 32" flat panel TV
- Workspace area
- Full size bedroom with 32" flat panel TV
- Full bath with stand-up stone shower
- Landry room with full size washer and dryer
- Living Room with sofa and chairs
- Multi-game arcade game
- 70" flat panel TV
- Coffee Station with Full Size Refrigerator
Entry Level Deck:
- Large deck on entry-level with table supporting 6 and 4 addition chairs with two deck heaters.
- Traditional Gas Grill.
- A Memphis Pit Boss Multifuntional Gas Grill with Smoker and Char-Broil capabilities.
- Hot tub with attached stow-away steps
- Comfortable patio furnishings for 6
- Firepit only about 60 steps away
- Wood burning outdoor fireplace
|Oct - 2022|
|Nov - 2022|
|Dec - 2022|
|Jan - 2023|
|Feb - 2023|
|Mar - 2023|
|Apr - 2023|
|May - 2023|
ReviewsWrite a Review
- All Specials Apply
- Pets Allowed
- Offers 3 parking spaces
- Clean linens - Two towels (body, hand, washcloth) per person will be left out for use.
- Start-up supply of paper products, trash bags, soaps, and basic cleaners.
- A fully-equipped kitchen for preparing and serving meals.
- We suggest Guest(s) bring personal grooming items, grocery items, specialty items and any unique or important items vital to your vacation.
- Please keep your noise to a minimum inside and outside the home from 10PM to 8AM. Outdoor fireplaces, fire pits, games and hot tubs included. Sound can travel a long way in mountains and may disturb unseen neighbors.
Trash and Litter:
- Please know all trash must be bagged and placed in the trash cans or bins made available at the property. If trash cans are full upon arrival, please contact the Manager’s office. Also, if you fill trash cans beyond capacity during your stay, it is your responsibility to remove additional trash and dispose at a local reciprocal trash station.
- FANNIN COUNTY ADVANCED DISPOSAL SITES
- Advanced Disposal: 10169 Lakewood Hwy, Mineral Bluff, GA 30559
- Advanced Disposal: 2989 Old Highway 5, Blue Ridge, GA 30513
- Advanced Disposal: 1226 Deep South Farm Rd, Blairsville, GA 30512
- GILMER COUNTY LANDFILL AND WASTE COLLECTION SITES:
- These are open Monday - Saturday
- 456 Tower Road, Ellijay, Ga.
- 41554 Highway 52 East, Cartecay, Ga
- 1738 Highway 382 West, Coosawattee, Ga.
- These locations are open only on Monday/Wednesday/Saturday:
- 8611 Tails Creek Road, Ellijay, Ga.
- 197 White Path Road, Ellijay, Ga.
- Guest Rental Agreement must be signed prior to occupancy.
- See the FAQ Page for additional information.
SATELLITE / CABLE / STREAMING TV:
This Cabin is equipped with cable. Router under main T.V.- For further assistance call ETC at 706-946-2271.
- Never push buttons randomly, this could "lock up" the hot tub and a technician will have to be dispatched possibly at guests’ expense. Hot tub must be in "ST" (Standard) Mode. If it is in "EC" (Economy) or "SL" (Sleep) Mode, the hot tub will not heat up. The display setting will always show the current water temperature and will rise as water heats up to the desired temperature that was selected.
- If hot tub is not working, please try breaker first (usually located near hot tub). Flip breaker off and then back on again. Also, check for a “reset” button on hot tub itself and push to reset settings. If still not working, contact office at 706-258-3737.
- After each hot tub use, place a tablespoon of shock in the hot tub and run jets for one minute. Shock can be found under the kitchen sink.
Highest Standard Cleaning Policy
Here are some of the steps we take between each visit to ensure your home will be sanitized, clean and disinfected:
- All of our in-house cleaning staff wears gloves and face covers while in our properties
- All hard surfaces and high touched areas are cleaned with household disinfectant including doorknobs, handles, toilets and faucet knobs, light switches, handrails, remote controls, lock boxes, electronics, thermostats, game areas, furniture, kitchen cabinets and refrigerators, etc.
- Hot tubs are ALWAYS completely drained, filled and sanitized with bromine.
- All bed and bathroom linens professionally laundered and installed with care.
- Our cabins include hand soap, dish soap and other approved household disinfectants for your use.
- Self Check-ins and Check-out so there is no need to come to our office during your stay.
We ask our Guests to consider the following:
- As you consider best practices for social distancing and guidelines for groups, please limit your group size to total occupancy of the property.
- As some supplies are still limited, we ask that you come prepared with all supplies, paper products, face masks, medicine, food/drinks needed for the length of your stay
- As you plan your stay, we ask that if you have been sick or have been in contact with someone that has been sick that you postpone your stay. We have a flexible rescheduling policy to make booking your next stay easy.
- As you plan your time here in Blue Ridge, we suggest limiting the number of people shopping at one time to avoid overcrowding.