Thank you for choosing Southern Comfort Cabin Rentals.
First, we would like to start by saying how fortunate we feel that we get to live and work in such a beautiful place. Sharing the laid-back outdoor lifestyle gives us tremendous joy! The remote and scenic rolling countryside with the endless mountain views seems to give everyone a peaceful and carefree feeling. Being a 'drive to' destination is a major benefit to us and the people who choose to visit Blue Ridge. Together we are a community.
During these unprecedented times it would be remiss to assume the news of the coronavirus / COVID-19 and now Monkeypox has not crossed your mind and how these events may affect your upcoming visit. The associated travel restrictions, self-imposed quarantines and social distancing are affecting all of us in different ways.
Please read through all of the information provided so that you can be prepared during these times.
All the information provided in this update as of today is contingent upon state and federally mandated orders. We reference best practices from Center for Disease Control Travel to help set the guidelines for our travel policies. To help with your planning, we have prepared a somewhat lengthy and important update with frequently asked questions. We will continue to update you through our social media, newsletters and website.
There is one simple objective that guides us: keeping our guests, homeowners and our staff /contractors safe. This has been at the center of our conversations the last few weeks. With this in mind, we have made several moves in our business in response to the potential threats associated with the coronavirus.
Providing a safe and clean home for our guests is always a top priority for Southern Comfort Cabin Rentals. To help protect you and our community we are actively following the CDC guidelines and recommendations on the steps that can be taken to help prevent the spread of the virus. We have shared specific instructions with our staff / contractors and housekeeping teams on the importance of washing their hands and staying home if they feel sick or are returning from an area identified as posing a coronavirus-related risk.
When You Are Preparing To Travel:
We have received a lot of questions recently. To help keep you informed we have added them to this update.
What is SCCR doing to help create a safe environment during these times?SCCR has elevated and will continue to place an emphasis on our cleaning practices and policies. Here are some of the steps we take between each visit:
- All of our in-house cleaning staff wears gloves and face covers while in our properties
- All hard surfaces and high touched areas are cleaned with household disinfectant including doorknobs, handles, toilets and faucet knobs, light switches, handrails, remote controls, lock boxes, electronics, thermostats, game areas, furniture, kitchen cabinets and refrigerators, etc.
- Hot tubs are ALWAYS completely drained, filled and sanitized with bromine.
- All bed and bathroom linens professionally laundered and installed with care
- Our cabins include hand soap, dish soap and other approved household disinfectants for your use
- Self Check-ins and Check-out so there is no need to come to our office during your stay
Things are changing daily, and supplies are not as reliable as they were before a pandemic was announced. We strongly suggest all guests consider bringing additional items such as:
What should we bring with us?
- Additional Toilet paper, paper towels, soap and hand sanitizer.
- Medications. If you have specific medications, bring more than enough.
- Food. Stores are being restocked regularly but essentials go quickly. Please consider having the same supplies you would if you were staying in and preparing all your meals at home for the same duration of your visit plus some additional days.
- Additional board games, puzzles and books. Most of our homes are equipped with these items, but we want to make sure you have more than enough to enjoy the downtime and time with each other.
Before You Are Here:
We are here to help! But we need your help as well. Please be prepared. Our staff will be on call for all the common requests we normally handle. If you need something delivered, we can do it. Just know in advance it may take some additional time and as always there are associated delivery costs with most requests. Call us, we can cover all the details if you arrive and find yourself in need.
If we run out of something can SCCR help?
When You Are Here:
Will you be offering on-site check-in?We will be offering our guests in-home check-in so you will not need to visit our office prior to your arrival. If you wish to pick up your check-in instructions in person, we can offer a curbside pick-up. Please give our team 48-hours’ notice prior to your arrival.
What is your policy on cancellations, rescheduling and refunds?
Accepting future reservations
- $200 down payment to hold a reservation / 48hrs to cancel and receive $200 refund.
- We are offering our guests in-home check in so you will not need to visit our office prior to arrival.
Gift Certificate may only be used on the same property booked. Credit can be used on balance to extend the stay or for a future visit. Gift Certificates are transferable, not redeemable for cash.
Our Standard Cancellation Policy
After 48-hours from your booking date, if you cancel, your booking deposit is non-refundable. If you cancel the reservation this deposit can be used to book a future reservation. This cancellation option is available if the reservation is cancelled no later than 31 days prior to arrival date.
Note: The reservation may be moved or rescheduled up to 30 Days of arrival for standard homes and 60 Days of arrival for Lake Homes. After this period there are no cancellations or changes to reservations. If the reservation is cancelled within this time, the entire payment will be forfeited.
Qualifications: In the event of an emergency, there are instances we can reschedule, cancel and/or hold payment for up to 90 days of your original arrival date. For reservations that are rescheduled, the guest must reserve the same cabin. If the cabin previously booked does not have availability in the 90-day period a new rental option can be accommodated if approved by SCCR management.
COVID-19 / Monkeypox Virus Policy for Cancellations and Rescheduling
SCCR will cancel and hold payment up to 365 days from the original arrival date for new reservations. The reservation date must be arriving on or before the original arrival date for the next year.
In the instance the guest has tested positive for COVID-19 / Monkeypox virus and does not want to reschedule, refunds are given to those guests checking in within the next 30 days with a positive COVID-19 or Monkeypox test.
NOTE: Guests can 100% cancel their reservation and forfeit the down payment only if they are cancelling 31 days prior to arrival date for COVID or Monekypox concerns.
Important Information about Southern Comfort Cabin Rentals:
- We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19/ Monkeypox virus exists in any public place where people are present. View important details.
- Under Georgia Law, there is no liability for injury or death of an individual entering any of our rental homes or offices. You are assuming this inherent risk and responsibility if such injury or death results from contracting COVID-19/ Monkeypox virus. Please see below for complete legal statement from the State.
Under Georgia law, there is no liability for an injury or death of an individual entering these premises if such injury or death results from the inherent risks of contracting COVID-19 / Monkeypox virus. You are assuming this risk by entering these premises. O.C.G.A § 51-16-3
Please call us at 1-888-853-1025 to discuss options.
Can I still purchase travel insurance?Yes. We offer guests the option to buy travel insurance with every booking before their final payment is made. Travel insurance can reimburse you for costs due to trip interruption. We can provide policy details before you purchase.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Outbreak Travel Insurance Notice and FAQs
How can I help?SCCR has provided the highest quality and best value vacations in privately owned homes around Blue Ridge, GA since 2000. We plan to be here providing and improving our services for many years to come! All we ask is that you are kind to everyone you meet, plan accordingly for your stay under the current circumstances and most importantly stay flexible.
The travel and hospitality industry are navigating in uncharted waters. In addition, our thoughts and prayers are with the healthcare workers, local communities, first responders and governments around the world. If you or a loved one’s health has been affected by this our hearts are with you. We will continue to monitor, update and assist as needed.
Our final request during this time is to please be patient, inform us if you are sick or become sick and understand delivery services may become limited. We will do our very best returning phone calls and emails promptly.
City of Blue Ridge - www.cityofblueridgega.gov
Chamber of Commerce - https://www.blueridgemountains.com/chamber/
Fannin County - https://www.fannincountyga.com/
State of Georgia - https://georgia.gov/
CDC Travel - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html